Gun Lake Casino announced the results of its month-long campaign to raise funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Casion raised $36,360.80 through special promotions held during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The Susan G. Komen Southwest Michigan Affiliate and the West Michigan Affiliate each received $18,180.04 to support breast cancer education, research and treatment programs for thousands of women in the local community.
"We are thrilled at the tremendous response from our guests and team members to support these worthy organizations," said Bob McDermott, General Manager of Gun Lake Casino. "By partnering with these two affiliates, we are able to impact individuals in thirteen counties throughout western Michigan."
At a special presentation on November 7, Gun Lake Casino announced the anticipated amount and gave checks of $18,180.04 to each affiliate. Guests and team members showed remarkable support for breast cancer awareness. Proceeds were collected from pink ribbons sold at the Appliques Gift Shop, pink desserts purchased at the Sandhill Cafe, together with five percent of monthly winnnings from a "pink" blackjack table and on-percent of all hand-paid slot jackpots.
"It is our pleasure to work with the team at the Gun Lake Casino. The dollars raised will further our efforts to work towards our Komen vission: A world without breast cancer. Thank you Gun Lake Casino," said Jenny Miner, Executive Director of the Southwest Michigan Affiliate.
Up to 75% of net proceeds generated by the Affiliates provide grants for innovative community programs that aim to reduce breast cancer mortality through screening, treatment, education and saffety-net services, while the remaining 25% supports groundbreaking breast cancer research grants.
"Komen West Michigan is truely honored to be a recipient of all your support and hard work during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Thank you," said Carol Perschbacher, President of the West Michigan Affiliate.
THANKS GUN LAKE!!!